First Assembly Memphis Mom’s Day Out
(Each child is able to attend two days per week.)
At First Assembly Memphis Mom’s Day Out, every child receives:
- Loving and nurturing childcare provided by paid, qualified caregivers
- Safe, Christian environment
- Excellent teaching of preschool basics
- Consistent and structured program
- Time for playing, singing & Bible teaching!
Children will have fun learning and memorizing the Bible Verse, JOHN 3:16. We want the children to have a complete understanding of this verse in their heart and mind.
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
We want each child to know who Jesus is and how much they are loved by Him. They will be taught how important they are and that God has a special plan for their life. Mother’s Day Out is a ministry to the child and the entire family. We look forward to meeting you and making new and lasting friendships. Your child will be greeted warmly each day by name and welcomed into the classroom. We will always have an encouraging word and smile for you the parent or caregiver. Jesus is the head of everything we do here. It is a happy place to be. We would love to have your child in our program. Please contact us soon for a tour. You will be able to meet the teachers and see a class in progress.
“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”
For more info contact Sherry Lichterman, Director at 901-604-0502 or email email@example.com
We enroll children from the ages of three months to four/five years old. We enroll older children in our summer program.
The number of children in each room and the teacher to child ratio are in accordance with the regulations of the TN Dept of Human Services.
- TEDDY BEARS • ages 3 – 12/16 months • 3 teachers per 6 children
- BUNNIES • ages 12/16 – 24 months • 3 teachers per 8 children
- CATERPILLARS • ages 24-36 months • 3 teachers per 15 children
- KANGAROOS • ages 3-5yrs • 3 teachers per 24 children
We believe in keeping our rooms well-staffed with well-trained teachers.
Our Mom’s Day Out program operates on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. We are closed on Wednesdays. Our hours are 9:30-2:30pm.
We can enroll your child for one or two days a week. Your requested days are subject to our availability upon enrollment. Any changes to your requested enrollment requires two weeks notice. It is important that you pick your child up at 2:30pm. Any child not picked up by 2:40 will have a $10.00 late fee charged to their account. After 2:50, the charge will be $2 per minute.
Holiday’s and Spring Break will coincide with First Assembly Christian School system. When the program is closed for holidays your account is not charged. Please refer to the Calendar tab for all closings.
Fees vary and are subject to change. Our current rate is $24.00 a day with a maximum of 2 days a week. A one time registration fee of $40.00 per child is due upon enrollment. A $10.00 supply fee per family will be due twice a year on Jan 15 and again on Aug 15. Fees are due in full by the 15th of each month. Accounts not paid by the 15th will be charged a $10.00 late fee. No exceptions will be made unless the director is notified of an inability to pay prior to the 15th.
No fee allowances will be made for absences except in the case of hospitalization of child or death in the immediate family. This includes sick days and vacation days. Exceptions to the payment policies will be made at the discretion of the Director. Please contact the Director immediately if any problems arise concerning fees.
Our Four Step Approach is as follows:
- The first step is a verbal warning to help the child understand they need to correct their behavior. This is to be used at the teacher’s discretion.
- Next is the use of “time-out.” Time out does not face the wall or the corner and is less than 2 minutes. This is also to be used at the teacher’s discretion.
- If discipline issue persists, the Director will then step in to talk with the child and help them to understand classroom rules.
- If it is necessary, the parent will be called to be made aware of the discipline issue. At this point, the child would be sent home by the Director. Re-admittance would be discussed by the MDO administration.
First Assembly Memphis Mom’s Day Out requires that all immunizations are up to date.
Also, a copy of your child’s Birth Certificate and current shot record will be required at registration.
The goal of our Mom’s Day Out program is to provide a loving, nurturing and safe environment for the children to learn and play. Our daily schedule is structured in a way to promote learning, confidence, and safe play time for all the children. Our goal is to share Jesus through our Bible story time, songs, teaching/learning time, and playtime.
We want our parents to be confident knowing that their children are being well-cared for in a safe Christian environment with capable and well-trained teachers. We want each child to know that Jesus loves them and they are special. Providing this preschool service enables us to serve our community in hopes of leading others to Christ.
The curriculum consists of:
A weekly Bible story, weekly Bible verses, ABC’s, letter a week, counting, number a week, music and learning songs, reading, colors, shapes, social development, manners, arts and crafts projects, free play time, outside playground, name recognition, writing name, knowing their birthday, learning games and MUCH MORE!
We are very proud of our security features at First Assembly Memphis Mom’s Day Out. They include:
- Sign-in sheet information.
- Signature of check-in person, child’s name, phone number where you can be reached during the day, who the check-out person will be, and a 4 digit code that you create.
- Password created by the child’s family.
- Check-out person will be asked to initial their name on the sign-in sheet. They will be asked the 4 digit code and possbily the password.
- A picture I.D. may be required by the Director.
- We keep our classroom doors locked all day. The teachers wear a key bracelet.
- Only teachers who are background checked and employed by the Church are allowed in the classrooms.
- The church doors are locked at 10:00am and unlocked at 2:00pm.
- During the school year we have a security guard that patrols the hallways.
- During the school year we have the video feed from the hallways into the school office.
- During the school year we have the school nurse.
- At least 2 CPR trained staff members on duty at all times.
- First Aid Kit in every room.
- Background checks are kept current on our staff each year.
- Our teachers are regularly trained in all safety drills.
The safety of the children will always come first!
Please do not send your child to school when he or she is sick. The following are some required guidelines that should be used when deciding to send your child to MDO after he or she has been ill:
- Child has had NO fever for 24hrs.
- Child has NO green or yellow mucus and has been taking an antibiotic for at least 48 hrs.
- Child complains of earache or headache.
- Child vomits or has diarrhea or continually complains of stomachache.
- Child displays any other signs of illness.
The same rules apply during hours of operation. If your child exhibits symptoms that are listed above, they will be sent home to your care. Once they are sent home, they may not return for 24hrs (e.g. If your child is sent home MDO on Thursday, they may not return on Friday because of the 24hr rule).
Snow/Inclement Weather Policy
In case of inclement weather, we will follow First Assembly Christians School’s lead concerning school closings.
Generally, there will be no fee adjustment if a day is missed here or there due to the weather. However, if several days are missed, fees may be adjusted at the Director’s discretion. Our teachers are well-trained in all inclement weather safety drills.
“For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.” Psalm 139:13-16
“Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.” Mark 10:14
“How great is the love the Father has lavished on us that we should be called children of God.” 1 John 3:1
“God is love.” 1 John 4:8
JESUS LOVES YOU!